SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH, 2012
3:00 - 5:00 PM
DEMILITARIZE OUR SCHOOLS - PEACE EDUCATION *and* COUNTERING MILITARY RECRUITMENT
St. Stephen's Church Rectory, 16th & Newton Sts., NW
(near Columbia Hts Metro stop, Green/Yellow lines;
S2, S4, H8, 42 bus lines)
- Don't you wish someone had talked to you or your family member before they joined the military and went into combat?
- Why does DC spend $2 million on ROTC programs and its mandatory enrollment?
- Why do military recruiters have unfettered access to our schools?
- What are your privacy rights as a student?
A panel discussion with educators, veterans and activists about the militarization of our schools, restoring student privacy and teaching peace, not war!
Moderated by Norberto Martinez & The Latino Media Collective
- Pat Elder, National Coalition to Protect Student Privacy;
- Bill Galvin, Center on Conscience & War;
- John Judge, Committee for High School Options & Information on Careers, Education & Self-Improvement;
- Langston Tingling-Clemmons, DC Teacher.
- Center on Conscience & War, http://www.centeronconscience.
- Committee for High School Options & Information on Careers, Education & Self-Improvement;
- The National Coalition to Protect Student Privacy http://studentprivacy.org; 
- Washington Peace Center, http://washingtonpeacecenter.n
- Veterans for Peace, IVAW,
- DC Metro Science for the People, http://ww.dcmetrosftp.org. 
Refreshments will be provided!