If you are fasting as part of a group or by yourself on October 30, please the SOA!">click here  to pledge your participation in the 2012 Fast to Close the SOA: Close the SOA!">http://SOAW.org/fast 
Below you will find a few suggestions of possible public fast locations or events you could plan in your community on or around Tuesday, October 30, 2012. We encourage you to be creative in planning your fast or events, and keep us informed of what's going on out in your region! Some fast or event locations could include:
- Outside a district Congressional office that has not supported legislation to close the SOA/WHINSEC
- On your university's campus
- At a community center
- Organize a screening of Somos Una América , Tom Bottolene's documentary ¡NO MAS! The 20th Annual Sunday Vigil , or Tomas Laffay's 14 minute film Today was a Victory / Hoy Fue Una Victoria , which focuses on the November Vigil as a rallying point and a place to network for many grassroots organizations struggling for social justice in our Americas (all three titles are available on the same DVD ).
- Distribute SOA 101 informational flyers  and palm cards about the November Vigil .
- Schedule a meeting with your Congressperson
- Hold a "fast-in"
- Dedicate a religious service at your place of worship
- Wheat paste posters  around your community
- Support the campaign with a fundraising party
- Get your event picked up by local media  outlets
- Mobilize others in your community to join the trip to the gates of Fort Benning, Georgia in November for the vigil to close the School of the Americas (SOA/ WHINSEC) and to resist U.S. militarization .
Good luck with your planning! If you have questions or suggestions, please call the DC SOA Watch Office at 202-234-3440 
Share the info about the fast on your Facebook  page or your Twitter  account!
If you are going to organize a public fast, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org 
Close the SOA Fast!
When we fast in front of Federal buildings, we can raise awareness about one of the great evils that our government sustains. We can invite those who witness our fast to flood the White House comment line with phone calls at 202-456-1111 , to express our opposition to the continued operations at the SOA/ WHINSEC. We can use our fast to show the media and the public that the U.S. government needs to be held accountable.
You can participate in this one-day fast by organizing a place for you and your friends to fast together, or by fasting individually.
If you are fasting as part of a group or by yourself on October 30, please the SOA!">click here  to pledge your participation in the 2012 Fast to Close the SOA: Close the SOA!">http://SOAW.org/fast