You are herecontent / G.W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Tony Blair Scheduled To Visit Canada In October, 2009
G.W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Tony Blair Scheduled To Visit Canada In October, 2009
G.W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Tony Blair scheduled to visit Canada in October, 2009
In October G.W. Bush, Tony Blair and Dick Cheney, all accused of horrifying war crimes and crimes against humanity plan to visit Canada. Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act each of these people if reported plans go ahead.
- G. W. Bush will be, on October 22, 2009 at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth in Montreal PQ to deliver a lunch-time speech at an invitation-only event organized by tinePUBLIC Inc
- Tony Blair will be the keynote speaker October 6 2009 at the Surrey Regional Economic Summit, at the Sheraton Vancouver Guilford Hotel, Surrey BC. Blair was invited by Surrey Mayor Dianne Watts
- Dick Cheney is booked for a week of fishing at the Silver Hilton Lodge on the Babine River near Smithers BC from October 8 to 15 2009.
Canada’s Legal Duties
By ratifying the Convention against Torture and the Rome Statue for an International Court, Canada agreed not only to make the torture and other war crimes and crimes against humanity crimes under Canadian law but also to participate in acting effectively to prevent and punish these crimes wherever they occur. To ensure Canada’s ability to fulfill these duties, Parliament has:
- Passed laws enabling Canada to prosecute war crimes and crimes against humanity wherever the crimes occurred and whatever the nationality of the suspected perpetrators and the victims. (e.g. Criminal Code, torture provisions and the Crimes against Humanity and War Crimes Act.) Under the Convention against Torture , when a person suspected of any involvement in torture enters Canada, Canada has a duty to either prosecute that person or extradite him to a state that is willing and able to prosecute.
- Passed laws to ensure that Canada will not allow people suspected of war crimes and/or crimes against humanity and/or gross human rights abuses to enter Canada or otherwise provide a safe haven, even temporarily, for people suspected of any involvement in carrying out or acquiescing to war crimes, crimes against humanity or other gross human rights abuses. (e.g. Immigration and Refugee Protection Act)
The Canadian Ministers responsible are not enforcing these laws. In spite of significant intelligent, peaceful protests, G.W. Bush was allowed entry in Canada in March and May 2009 and Colin Powell was allowed entry in June 2008.
Write to Members of Parliament asking that Canadian Border Services Agency issue a cross-Canada directive to all entry points ordering that G.W. Bush, Tony Blair and Dick Cheney be barred from Canada and, if found in Canada, be arrested and dealt with according to the law. Some email addresses are below.
firstname.lastname@example.org; Comartin.J@parl.gc.ca;Dewar.P@parl.gc.ca; Davies.D@parl.gc.ca; Ignatieff.M@parl.gc.ca; Rae.B@parl.gc.ca; Holland.M@parl.gc.ca; Leblanc.D@parl.gc.ca; Bevilacqua.M@parl.gc.ca; Duceppe.G@parl.gc.ca; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com; NichoR@parl.gc.ca; Cannon.L@parl.gc.ca;VanLoan.P@parl.gc.ca; Kenney.J@parl.gc.ca;