March On Washington DC to Close Guantanamo - Jan. 11,2013
We the people say NO to U.S. human rights violations in the name of unending “global war”
Join us on the 11th anniversary of Guantánamo prison to call on President Obama to keep his promise to shut it down, and for all branches of the U.S. government to uphold human rights.
• Close Guantánamo: all detained people must either be charged & fairly tried, or be released
• Resolve the cases of the publicly cleared detainees, including Shaker Aamer & Djamel Ameziane
• End indefinite detention & remove detention provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act
• End unlawful killings with drones and other weapons
• Ensure accountability for torture, unlawful killings & other abuses
JOIN THE MARCH IN WASHINGTON DC
• March from the Supreme Court via the Capitol to the White House
• Gather at noon on the steps of the Supreme Court
• Want to wear an orange jumpsuit? We have them.
• After the march, at 2:30PM: Interfaith Prayer Service & Policy Briefing at NY Ave Presbyterian Church (1313 NY Ave. NW)
• Warm beverages/snacks available at UM Building (100 Maryland Ave) from 10:30 am-12:00 and at NY Ave Presbyterian Church, starting at 1:30 pm.
OR TAKE SOLIDARITY ACTION IN YOUR COMMUNITY
• Join or organize a solidarity action – we can help you!
Contact email@example.com / 866-973-4463.