You are herecontent / Job Opening
POSITION AVAILABLE - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Veterans For Peace (VFP) seeks an Executive Director to lead the organization in a new period of growth and achievement, building from a strong base of existing organizational assets. The ideal candidate will have solid fundraising and non-profit management skills and a passion for VFP’s Statement of Purpose. The VFP national office is in Saint Louis, MO. Residence in St. Louis is desired but not mandatory. Past military experience is required.
To apply please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities: The Executive Director is charged with overseeing and managing the operation and activities of the organization. He/she directly supervises a small staff and acts at the direction of the Board of Directors.
· Fundraising: The ED will oversee and participate as appropriate in multifaceted fund raising and membership development efforts and cultivating new funding sources. Fundraising and development efforts will include regular mail solicitations, membership dues renewals, major and planned gifts, foundation grants and merchandising.
· Fiscal Management: The ED will develop and closely monitor an annual budget of approximately $400,000. He/she will make monthly status reports to the Board of Directors
· Personnel: The ED has direct responsibility to recruit, hire, supervise, evaluate and make employment decisions in accordance with the organization’s personnel policies. ED will ensure transparency and open communication processes between staff, Board of Directors and members.
· Strategic Planning: In coordination with the Board, the ED will implement and monitor a strategic plan.
· Organizational Relations/Communications: The ED will be responsible for fostering a diverse organizational culture and building upon strong internal and external relationships with members, local chapters, allied organizations and other potential partners. The ED will employ effective marketing and public relations methods to build awareness of the organization and the issues relevant to it.
· Annual Convention: The ED will coordinate efforts by the Board and a local “host chapter” to organize an annual convention for the membership.
· At least four years of non-profit management experience at the department level or higher
· Significant, multifaceted development and fundraising experience
· Personnel management experience and ability to foster a cooperative, collegial work environment
· Experience building a membership organization
· Ability to assist the Board of Directors in carrying out their fiduciary responsibilities
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Experience with marketing and public relations, including use of electronic and social media
· Awareness of the human and economic effects of U.S. foreign and domestic policy
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. VFP provides medical insurance including dental and generous vacation and sick leave.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please contact the Veterans For Peace National Office at 314 725-6005 to verify the position is still open. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume electronically to: email@example.com
Veterans For Peace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veterans For Peace () is a national, non-profit organization of military veterans and supporters. Founded in 1985, VFP members are from all eras and services, with chapters in nearly every state of the U.S. and status as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) at the United Nations. The overarching mission of VFP is to expose the true costs of war and militarism, leading to the abolition of war as an instrument of national policy.