Ignored by the Candidates & Media
The presidential debate ignored the root causes of the present Depression:
- Out of control military/industrial/political complex that spends more on the military than all the other countries of the earth combined.
- Allowing private banks to create our money supply out of thin air when they loan us money.
- Unregulated speculation by Wall Street banks that has left them functionally bankrupt with $trillions of worthless derivative bets on their books
- Free trade policies that allow U.S. corporations to close factories at home, pay sweatshop wages overseas and then import the goods here duty free.
- Reduction of the income tax rate on surplus income of wealthy Americans from the 70-90% range of 1940-1980 to current 35%.
The results are:
- real unemployment rate of 22%
- 35% loss of value in our homes
- 1/3 of Americans underwater in their mortgages
- poor and working class literally drowning in debt to criminal banks
- USA#1 in inequality
Cut our military from an offensive to defensive force.
Return the power to create money, debt free, to the federal government.
Regulate and tax derivative trades.
End free trade and negotiate fair trade agreements.
Nationalize the bankrupt Wall Street banks.
Tax the rich.