You are herecontent / Human Rights Day in Kabul, Afghanistan
Human Rights Day in Kabul, Afghanistan
Commemoration Story from the Afghan Peace Volunteers
December 11, 2012, 7:30 pm (Kabul time)
Listen to the call and correspond on your computer through LiveStream.
- 10 am Eastern / 7 am Pacific
for Human Rights Day with delivery of their petition to
the United Nations calling for an all-parties ceasefire in Afghanistan.
Hear from them directly about what it is like right now* - and from their international friends who support them including Nobel Laureate Mairead Macguire.
(*Karzai's recent statements about immunity for forces remaining after 2014.)
Hear also about their on-going work that now includes:
- welcoming ordinary Afghans of all backgrounds to the non-violent approach to resolve conflicts,
- teaching language and math to others & continuing their own education,
- creating media pieces like their Our Journey To Smile videos,
- working with young Afghan seamstresses to make duvets (beautifully made insulated blankets) and distributing them to those in need,
- initiating other creative, micro-loan based, livelihoods such as the Afghan 'Burger Cart' (potatoes & nan), and
- inviting people around the world to: be friends!
They will also share their video honoring everyone's Human Rights. Here's a preview:
Please spread the word . . . 'in a spirit of brotherhood' and sisterhood.
the Afghan Peace Volunteers.
chero mohabat na-korim? ~ why not love?