You are herecontent / Free Kareem Khan
Free Kareem Khan
As of this morning, the Lahore High Court has ordered Pakistan's intelligence agencies to produce Kareem on February 20th. Now is the time to put pressure on Pakistani and US officials to make sure he is released as soon as possible.
To that end, we have planned a Twitter storm for TOMORROW, Thursday, February 13th from 11am- 12am EST. (Yes, that's a 13 hour campaign).
Code Pink has also planned a protest TODAY in Washington, D.C. in front of the Pakistani Embassy at 4pm. More details to follow.
We will tweet under the hashtag #FreeKareem to the Pakistani ambassador to the US, the State Department, Secretary of State John Kerry and PML-N, the ruling party of Pakistan. Please do the same to amplify our demands.
Here are some suggested tweets:
Suggested tweets to @JalilJilani (Pakistani ambassador to the US) and @pmln_org (Pakistan's ruling party):
- .@JalilJilani @pmln_org Kareem lost a brother and son. Now, he’s lost his freedom. #FreeKareem #nodrones
- .@JalilJilani @pmln_org Prove you are a democratic govt. #FreeKareem #nodrones
- .@JalilJilani @pmln_org Who’s afraid of Kareem Khan? #FreeKareem #nodrones
- .@JalilJilani @pmln_org Kareem speaks out against drone attacks. Gets disappeared. #FreeKareem #nodrones
- .@JalilJilani @pmln_org We need democracy not disappearances. #FreeKareem #no drones
Suggested tweets to @statedept and @johnkerry:
- .@statedept @johnkerry The US killed his family. Pakistan disappeared him for speaking about it. Ensure his freedom! #FreeKareem
- .@statedept @johnkerry Pakistan disappears anti-drone activist. Is this how @statedept promotes democracy? #FreeKareem
- .@johnkerry Kareem’s family was killed by US drone in Pakistan. He was disappeared on Feb. 5 for speaking out against drones. #FreeKareem
- .@statedept Kareem’s family was killed by a US drone in Pakistan. He was disappeared on Feb. 5 for speaking out against drones. #FreeKareem
Also, please call the following numbers to demand Kareem's immediate release:
Pakistan Embassy: 202.243.6500
Pakistan Desk of the US State Dept: 202.647.9823
And, please sign this petition.